Saturday 27 April 2013

Animation 2D walk cycle

So this is another 2D exercise we had to do. I pretty much enjoy this exercise. At first I had loads of trouble trying to get the movement right but as the lecturers said, reference always help.
The distract walk
The reference I use here was just a normal walk. Once I am happy with the normal wall movement , I then added a few more and tweak them a bit. The bending of the knees, the movement of the arm. Coudl say that this would be someone who's distracted by  a scene from the side or the basic" oh look! a bird" distraction.

The flirty walk
It took some time to explain to my flat mate to do a reference for this one. I had to play around with the movement on my own since the reference vid was just my model doing a simple cat walk. What I focus on was the movement of the shoulders, hips and the toe pointing. Was quite happy with the end results and I added a blow kiss motion as well as a " hey there" wave. :D 

The happy walk

Aagain , I use the same reference vid from the ditract walk and added extra moment. the first thing that came in mind was a skip which I did ended up adding to the animation. I quite like the skip, thought the timing of it was a bit slow. That something I'll have to work on as I progress. So far I quite like working on movement as a lose sketch. It easy to exaggerated movements that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment