Friday 13 December 2013

Getting in gear

The past month have been rather crazy. Organising time and work as well as my travel home for Christmas. My main project for pre-production;  Production bible is almost complete. Hopefully after receiving our feedback we can do further improvements in it.

In regards to my other work I have been working on concept designs for 3rd year animators.
- Toby Twirl (Concept art and background)






Mostly I am told to focus on the lighting and how the colour palettes  will effect the mood of the same background.

-Friends are like umbrellas (Story board/ Character designs/ Style artist
This project I devote most of my time in. My first job was to design the characters. I kept them simple and refereed back to the rough reference I was given as to what  Elizabeth Philippe  ( creator of friends are like umbrella) wanted

An example of a background from one of the section of the film known as the "dream sequence". It is mostly white because of the concept of having the background of being a blank canvas with water colour splashes.




- Lone wolf (Concept art and background)
I was recruited by Lone wolf due to the recommendation from Elliot Richardson(Toby Twirl ) to Yasmin Down (Lone wolf). My work began with colouring drafted background sketches and experimenting with colours for the backgrounds.

some tree designs I did. Focusing on tree root eroding/tiling. almost how the tree root of Angkor Wat grew over the temples.





-Pet Rock ( Minor background concepts)
Due to the about of work I'm working on. I was unable to do much production for pet rock. I was able to help out with minor backgrounds and hopefully will be able to help out with animation tests as well.



- Worlds away (Story boards) 
This was the first project I worked with. Sadly It did not make it through but the concept idea for the film was interesting. I was responsible for the story board. Which was a new experience since this was somewhat of a sci-fi theme.





No comments:

Post a Comment