Saturday 10 May 2014

DEEP

Another Digital practice project that is on going is DEEP. A film directed by our lecture , Derek Hayes. The film has various style through out and I sighed up to work on a section of the film called night club.

Here I was responsible for coloring in the night club backgrounds. The layout and designs were done prior and the background was divided between Jasmine Groot and I to work on.

This concept was sketch up before I was handed the official layout. The purpose of this is to test out the mood and lighting that could be applied to the scene. After hearing the feed back, I was was advised to improve on the tone of the colour to make it warmer.
Above is the finish coloring of the background. I had a bit of issue in over shading some of the assets in the film . Most of the reference I look at were mostly Warner bros cartoon. Focusing on bold colours.
Not only that I had to adapt to the new colouring style that I am not so familiar with I also must maintain consistency in the colouring since there were two artist working on the background. It had to look like it had been coloured by only one person.  

Another interesting work that I really enjoy was the character. The character were already designed and all that was needed is a colour pallet. I focus on testing out colours for the beetle character in the scene.

Above here is a test of the coloured character in the backgrounds. I personally like the green beetle but it still need some working since this is mostly from an illustration point of view rather than a moving animated character. Some adjustments are still needed in his attire colour and the saturation of his skin that at the same time need to work with the background but still has to stand out on his own as a character.


No comments:

Post a Comment