Friday 9 May 2014

Personal art work and designs

 Other than my current university projects , I've been doing my own practices with digital art. I mostly wanted to improve on my lineart and colouring style. Trying to refined my personal style as well as adapting to other styles and techniques.

One of my main concerns are the uses of colours.
Sketch thing 02 by Elle-Evergreen

Above is a sketch concepts of my own character I've developed. On the right are head shots. Here, I was aiming for a vibrant colour pallet. I wanted the colour to pop , bright but also balanced. The one on the top right is probab has the brightest colour and saturation.


This second concept piece, I've toned down the saturation but still maintain the lighting. (with the exception of the characters on the top left.) This was also a good practice on colouring different skin tones and face shapes.
Concept doodle by Elle-Evergreen
Concept of human races for a story concept


Lastly this is part of a comic strip I did for an art group. I limited myself to using few colours and stick to mostly black and white tone and focus on the lighting. I used red to emphasis the female character's unique features. ( Red nails , marking and eyes.


Vora :  Grasp by Elle-Evergreen



No comments:

Post a Comment